CARING FOR MICROFIBER:
Caring for microfiber is pretty easy if you know the rules. Towels, dusters and mops made of microfiber can last hundreds of washings if you stay away from the 2 big no-nos for microfiber:
- No Heat in the dryer!
- No Fabric Softeners!
For commercial washing instructions please scroll to the bottom of the page.
Instructions for Washing at Home:
- Wash in warm or hot water with mild detergent
- No fabric softeners – they clog the open spaces in the microfiber, making the fabric useless
- Be careful what you wash with your microfiber. Avoid anything made with cotton because the microfiber will grab on to the lint
- Ideally wash microfiber with only microfiber but if you must mix loads, wash with other non-linting synthetics. Like anything you wash, be sure to separate your white or light colored microfiber from your dark colored microfiber.
- If you hand wash, wash in hot water with mild detergent and use a soft bristled brush if necessary – rinse thoroughly
Drying Microfiber at Home
- To ensure the longest lasting microfiber, air dry is best
- Microfiber dries relatively quickly
- If you use a dryer, set it on low heat or no heat