Caring For Microfiber:
Caring for microfiber is pretty easy if you know the rules. Towels, dusters and mops made of microfiber can last hundreds of washings if you stay away from the 2 big no-nos for microfiber:
- No Heat in the dryer!
- No Fabric Softeners!
Instructions for Washing at Home:
- Wash in warm or hot water with mild detergent
- No fabric softeners – they clog the open spaces in the microfiber, making the fabric useless
- Be careful what you wash with your microfiber. Avoid anything made with cotton because the microfiber will grab on to the lint
- Ideally wash microfiber with only microfiber but if you must mix loads, wash with other non-linting synthetics. Like anything you wash, be sure to separate your white or light colored microfiber from your dark colored microfiber.
- If you hand wash, wash in hot water with mild detergent and use a soft bristled brush if necessary – rinse thoroughly
Drying Microfiber at Home
- To ensure the longest lasting microfiber, air dry is best
- Microfiber dries relatively quickly
- If you use a dryer, set it on low heat or no heat
- Dry with other microfiber products only so that it doesn’t pick up extra lint
For maximum performance and longevity, follow these guidelines for commercial laundering:
Commercial Washing of Microfiber
- High solvent for heavy soil
- No Alkaline
- Dose determined by product specification for poundage
- No Bleach
- No Fabric Softener
Commercial Drying of Microfiber
Commerical care and drying of microfiber should follow the below table:
If you are a cleaning business owner, we have an infographic of all the above information. It’s a great reference to add to your site, so your employees can reference proper microfiber washing instructions.
Need More Microfiber? We’re On Amazon!
Get all your favorite microfiber cleaning products on Amazon! They are all machine washable and come with care instructions.
Microfiber Mop System
18” Microfiber Fiber Wet Mop Pad
Microfiber Cloth for Glasses
Microfiber Car Wash Mitt
Microfiber Car Wash Sponge
Microfiber Scrubbing Sponge
16×16 Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel
Microfiber Wall Wash Mop Pad
How to Wash Microfiber