Microfiber towels are the best way to clean but there is a difference between quality cleaning towels and not-so-quality products. Three aspects of towel quality should be considered when you’re purchasing a microfiber towel. We’ve designed three tests to determine if your towel meets the quality threshold in all three areas**.
#1 – Is It Absorbant?
- Pour water on a flat, smooth surface
- Place your microfiber cleaning towel on the surface and slowly slide it toward the puddle of water
- Observe how the towel interacts with the water. Does it:
- Suck it up like a vacuum?
- Push the water away?
- Somewhere in between?
- Does it wick through the towel quickly?
If your towel pushes the water away then it’s not very absorbent. You want a towel that acts like a vacuum, sucking the water up, wicking it through the towel. These are signs of highly absorbent microfiber towels.
#2 – Will It Grab and Hold?
- Run your hand over the towel
- Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is the cloth soft?
- Would you use it on the finish of your car?
- Does the material grab the imperfections in your skin, getting caught on your hand?
If your towel catches on your hand, it is made with split microfiber. High quality cloths have gone through a splitting process, leaving the fibers to look like an asterisk in cross section. The spaces left by the process is what gives your cloth the ability to pick up dirt and absorb liquid. If your cloth isn’t split, it won’t be any more effective in cleaning than a cotton towel
#3 – Is It Durable?
The more a microfiber towel weighs, the more microfiber it has. A good quality towel has at least 250 GSM or more.
Sunlight and Stretch Test:
- Take the towel outside in the sun
- Stretch the towel while holding it up to the sun
- Does it stretch easily?
- Can you see the sun through it like cheesecloth?
If you can see a lot of sunlight or the towel stretches easily, then you don’t have a quality towel.
**You should never test just one of these areas and rely on the results. You can get microfiber towels at a chain warehouse store that weigh more than 300 GSM, passes the sunlight test and doesn’t stretch very well. However, they aren’t absorbent and they don’t pick up dust very well. It would pass test 3 but not 1 and 2. At Microfiber Wholesale we want to provide professional cleaners with the best microfiber towels for their cleaning business. Check out some of our wholesale professional cleaning products today!
Microfiber Mop System
18” Microfiber Fiber Wet Mop Pad
Microfiber Cloth for Glasses
Microfiber Car Wash Mitt
Microfiber Car Wash Sponge
Microfiber Scrubbing Sponge
16×16 Ultra Plush Microfiber Towel
Microfiber Wall Wash Mop Pad
How to Wash Microfiber