Looking for a quick and effective way to wipe surfaces and floors around your home? Try cleaning with microfiber and water! Using just microfiber cloths or mop pads with water to clean can give your counters, glass, floors, and appliances a like-new appearance. It traps more dirt than you might think, all without chemical cleaning agents. Here’s why you should switch to cleaning with microfiber cloths and water to in your home.
Does It Really Work?
You heard it here, with just water, microfiber products can effectively take care of most of your household cleaning tasks! Why, you might ask? Well, in case you don’t remember from your science class, water is referred to as the universal solvent! This means that water dissolves more chemicals than any other solvent. It’s why things like food, dirt, and debris all dissolve in water, like when you let your dirty dishes soak in the sink. Water is also buoyant, meaning dirt and debris will be suspended within it.
Once water has done its job of pre treating your surface, microfiber comes in and does the rest! So why use microfiber over any other type of cloth?
- More fibers equals more cleaners. Microfiber is extremely small, 1/100th the diameter of a human hair to be exact. This means that there are millions of tiny fibers that work together to pick up dirt and absorb spills.
- Removes Germs & Bacteria. Does cleaning with water and microfiber remove bacteria? Well, since microfiber is so tiny, they’re small enough to remove many harmful germs and bacteria. This makes other tasks such as picking up common household dust an easy task! Plus if you have a high quality towel, the microfiber will be split. This means it has even more space to trap bacteria in the fibers. For more info check this article, by Infection Control Today, microfiber has been laboratory and clinically tested to remove bacteria and viruses with just water.
- Dust Magnet: Positively charged microfiber clings to dust and dirt, which have a natural negative charge.
- More absorbent! Microfiber has been tested to hold up to 7 times its weight in water, so you’ll get more done with just one towel or mop pad. We’ve explained what makes microfiber great in even more detail how microfiber works.
5 Benefits Of Cleaning With Just Using Microfiber & Water
- Avoid Spreading Harmful Chemicals In Your Home: Perhaps the best reason to clean with only a microfiber cloth and water is to avoid applying chemicals around your home. Cleaning agents have tons of chemicals in them, just read the labels and you’ll see words like “caution” or “hazardous”. Using microfiber and water is a healthier way to clean, plus the eco-friendly benefit of less chemical pollutants in the air.
- Remove More Dirt Than Cotton Cloths: Did you know microfiber and water can actually get you a cleaner finish than using cotton and cleaning agents. Unlike cotton, which are larger and have a flat surface, microfibers are smaller and have a split surface. This split surface makes microfiber a great scrubber. It traps the dirt within its fibers instead of smearing it around.
- Polishing Your Stainless Steel: Microfiber cloths used with warm water is a great way to shine your stainless steel appliances. Simply take a damp microfiber cloth and wipe away grime and smears. Once clean, you can take a dry microfiber cloth to buff the surface, and you’re done! Run your microfiber cloth in the direction of the stainless steel polish lines, this way you won’t leave behind any marks from the minerals in the water as you clean.
- Get a Streak-Free Finish On Glass: Here’s an easy way to get streak free mirrors and windows, no windex needed! Dampen an all-purpose microfiber cloth with water. This will loosen and remove most of the gunk on your mirror. Then use a microfiber glass cloth to dry and remove the remaining debris. This towel has a flat weave, which acts like a squeegee on your mirror preventing streaks from forming. Cleaning mirrors with water and microfiber is a natural and healthy way to get the job done!
- Save Money, Save Time! By cleaning with microfiber and water you’ll spend much less on cleaning agents. In fact, by choosing to clean with only with water, you can preserve your towels for much longer before you need to replace them. Plus, using just microfiber and water to clean up around your home is easy. Instead of trying to find the right chemical cleaner and giving it proper dwelling time on your counters, just grab your microfiber cloth, run it under warm water, and quickly wipe down surfaces.
When you are using the amazing combination of microfiber cloths and water to clean, you’ll be saving on both money and time. With that being said, not all microfiber cloths are created equal, see our guide on what a high quality microfiber cloth is. Stop applying dangerous chemicals in your home and rely on your trusty microfiber cloth to get any cleaning job done! See some of our best microfiber towels and mop pads.