Do your microfiber towels have lint and debris still stuck in them after you've washed them? First off, if your microfiber towels are "clingly", meaning debris sticks onto it like a magnet, that's a good thing! It's how you know your microfiber towel is high quality. Now to answer your question "how to remove lint from microfiber towels?", here's some tips on how to do that or prevent that from happening.
How To Remove Lint and Debris from Microfiber Towels
- Use a lint roller to remove remaining lint, hair, and debris.
- Use a soft bristle brush to remove lint, hair, and debris.
- Use masking tape by rolling a small piece into a ball and rolling it over your microfiber towel.
- Washing: you can either
- Soak them in a bucket of soap and water to loosen up the debris. Then hand wash them.
- When machine washing and drying, do your microfiber separate from other items. This will prevent the microfiber from grabbing onto things like cotton.
Bonus Tip! Use a different type of Microfiber Towel
What type of microfiber towel you are using can have a big effect on how hard it is to remove lint from it. For example if you are using an extremely plush microfiber towel (like those used on cars), chances are it is going to be much harder to remove things that get caught up in the longer fibers. So here are some alternatives or things to keep in mind.
- Switch to a microfiber towel that has shorter fibers. If you don't need to use a plush microfiber towel, which are mainly used for polishing and drying, then switch to something that is less plush or has a shorter nap. We'd recommend using something like our MWipes™ Reusable Microfiber Wipes.
- Use Waffle Weave Microfiber Towels! These towels are made in a way that would make things getting stuck in them much harder since they don't have the longer fibers of a traditional microfiber towel. Yet they still have the thickness to be super absorbent.
- Disposable Microfiber is a great option for certain cleaning tasks. You'll still be getting the superior cleaning power of microfiber, but won't have to worry about the hassle of rewashing them, since they are cheap enough for a one-time use. Our Mwipes™ Disposable Microfiber Cloths are made with no nap, so no lint or debris will get stuck in the fibers. These are perfect for wiping.